- Moses, Too, Was Once A Marginal Jew,
by Eric H. Yoffie
We must reach out to Jews on the periphery of Jewish life
- The Moral of Bosnia, by Arthur Hertzberg
The lessons of Bosnia will affect the fate of minorities worldwide.
- What The World Needs Now, by Charles Allen, Jr.
The world needs a permanent war crimes tribunal.
- From Perestroika to Progressive Judaism, by Lawrence Rifkin
Meet the future leaders of Reform Judaism
in the former Soviet Union.
- The Rabbi's Rabbi: Paul Menitoff
A conversation with the CCAR's new Executive V.P.
- FOCUS ON: COMING HOME TO JUDAISM
- My Temple, My Sanctuary, by Jill Menkes Kushner
In temple I can ask questions that seem out of place elsewhere.
- Mitchell Sommers, Who Do You Think You Are?, by Mitchell Sommers
- Yes, I Am a Genuine Jew, by Susan V. Gelmis
The Shabbat blessings have brought a new warmth into my life.
- The Spy Who Came into the Shul, by Harley L. Sachs
Working behind the Iron Curtain as a secret agent,
I rediscovered my identity as a Jew.
- A Home for My Soul, by Diane Feen
Synagogue is the place where my love for life converges
with a love for the infinite.
- From Marx to Moses, by Dan Icolari
I confronted my feelings of being less than fully a Jew.
- The Art of Jewish Self-Discovery, by Mira Zelechower-Aleksiun
- Dear Reader - A. Schindler
- UAHC and You - N. Salkin
- Heart to Heart - D. Syme
- Books - S. Schnur
- Travel - A. & J. Hirt-Manheimer
- Outreach - B. Gilbert
- Movement - W. G. Plaut
- Trends - K. Lifton
- Reform Jewish Living - B. Zlotowitz & D. Kasakove
- Spotlight - B. Gilbert & R. Rees
- Moments and Milestones - B. Eisenpres
- Opinion - B. Brickner
Please use our mail-in form to order
the complete issue or to subscribe.
Back to the RJ Magazine
Back to UAHC home page
Copyright © 1996, Union of American Hebrew Congregations
Most recent update 14 Nov 1996